Mural Routes & The Bell Box Murals Project Present…
Step x Step, Intro to Mural Art: Malvern Bell Box Murals Project
A two-part workshop series for emerging artists who are interested in learning more about designing and painting a Bell Box Mural. Free of cost. Registration is required.
Malvern Library, 30 Sewells Rd, Scarborough | Thurs April 24th & Fri April 25th from 5-8pm
Registration is required! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-698-7995
- Learn about The Bell Box Murals Project, a not-for-profit project which employs artists to transform Bell Canada outdoor utility boxes all over Toronto.
- Learn how you can apply to be a part of the project taking place in Malvern this summer.
- Learn tips and spend time designing and creating 3-d mural designs for a Bell Box.
Why are we offering this workshop series?
Step x Step, Intro to Mural Art workshops are meant to encourage youth and emerging artists to develop their skills and learn helpful tips for designing and painting on outdoor surfaces. Specifically, the Step x Step: Malvern Bell Box Murals Project workshops will focus on how to prepare for painting on a Bell Canada outdoor utility box, eight of which will be painted in Toronto’s Malvern neighbourhood this summer 2014. This two-part series of workshops will focus on technical and design aspects for murals on Bell utility Boxes.
Bell Box Mural Artists are chosen based on the following:
1) Must be aged 14+.
2) Preference will be given to artists who live or work in the community of Malvern
3) Preference will be given to artists who have worked on public, outdoor surfaces or show a genuine interest in doing so.
4) A portfolio of the artist’s visual art and painting work.
Thanks to our program hosts, Toronto Public Library: Malvern Branch.
This program is made possible with the support of The Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario, the City of Toronto through the Toronto Arts Council, and the Ontario Arts Council.
For media release, click on the link below: