LT_Application <—- Click for application form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Leadership Training in Mural Making 2013 Call for Applicants
LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN MURAL MAKING – 2013 Certificate Program
Leadership Training in Mural Art Production & Project Management for Youth Artists aged 16-30
May 1st – July 10th, : Wednesdays 4-630pm & Saturday Afternoons*
*No classes held on Holidays Sat. May 18th or Sat. June 29th
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, April 1st
CONTACT TARA DOREY, PROGRAM COORDINATOR:
For more information, go to Mural Routes Projects & Program Blog
See images of last year’s Leadership Training in Mural Routes’ Facebook albums
What is Leadership Training in Mural Making?
The aim of Leadership Training is to provide a subsidized program free of cost and accessible training for leadership development and youth entrepreneurs in the field of mural art. It is designed to address the needs of young emerging mural artists, to prepare them for the workforce; to provide them with the important skills needed, that go beyond what they learn in school art programs and to enhance the on-the-wall experience they have gained through employment in summer mural programs. This is an intensive approximately 60 hour curriculum course that includes workshops delivered by professionals in various aspects of mural painting, installation and restoration, as well as training in business and client relation skills. This subsidised course will be offered at no cost to qualified participants, who will be selected through an application and interview process.
While the focus of this program is mural art, a number of other transferable skills will be learned that can be used in any large scale creative enterprise.
Each participant will complete the training with an independent study assignment to create a theme, design and method of application or project proposal for a specific site.
Successful candidates will be required to sign a contract of commitment to the program which will outline expectations and responsibilities.
To qualify, you must:
· Be 16 years or older;
· Have completed a minimum of Grade 11 art class or equivalent
· Demonstrate interest in large scale outdoor painting and community public art
· Be prepared to commit to completing the full Leadership Training in Mural Making Course
· Have previous experience working in mural art or similar visual art
· Attend an interview on Monday April 8 (we can make other arrangements for those who cannot make that date)
How to submit an application:
1. Fill in this LT_Application
2. Send completed form with resume & up to 6 sample images of your work; or a link to images of your art work
by email to: email@example.com
or deliver to: Mural Routes, 1859 Kingston Road, Scarborough, ON M1N 1T3
must be received by: 5:00 pm, Monday, April 1, 2013
3. Write “LEADERSHIP TRAINING APPLICATION” in the subject line of an email, or on the outside of your submission.
Online application form at http://www.muralroutes.ca/2013/03/04/leadership-training-in-mural-making-2013-call-for-applicants/
What you can expect from the Course:
- A specialized curriculum designed to cover all of the basics of mural art production
- Training to improve your knowledge and skills to obtain work in the field
- Instruction by qualified artists and instructors
- Opportunities for summer mural artist apprenticeships
- Assistance with future work placement
- Mural Production: Resource Handbook
- Course material / Leadership in Mural Art training manual
- A Mural Routes Certificate of Achievement
- Class size: 15 – 20 various participants who will teach, learn and share together in a positive environment
· Budget and Project Management
· Client and community relations
· Mentoring, Health & Safety and Equity Training
· Drawing & Painting
· Hands-on instruction; working with different materials
· Mural maintenance and restoration techniques
· Independent Study assignment
This course will be offered at no cost to participants thanks to Ontario Trillium Foundation. Mural Routes would also like to thank the AGO – Art Gallery of Ontario for co-hosting the program.
STAY CONNECTED WITH MURAL ROUTES!
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/muralroutes
Follow us on twitter @muralroutes
Visit our Projects & Program Blog: www.muralroutes.ca
Tara Dorey, Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 416-698-7995