The Opening of the High River Club

In 1905, the club rooms of the newly-formed High River Club (so named in its official charter) were opened with a formal ball. Local ladies were dressed “to the nines” in the latest formal fashions. Local Natives wore their own finery
for the proceedings. After one more formal reception, and a later visit by the fundraising Sisters of Lacombe Home, women never again graced the premises of what became known as the High River Men’s Club.

Artist: Zhong Ru Huang, 2007

For more information on this mural visit:

Where to Find This Mural

Location: 129 3 Ave SW High River, AB T1V 1R3 Get Directions