Artist(s): Phil, Jennifer & Jamie Richards
Producer: Mural Routes
Completed: July 1996
This commemorative mural depicts passengers boarding a radial car at Stop 17 on the Toronto and York Radial Line, at the junction of St. Clair Avenue and Kingston Road. In the background is Scarborough High School, now R.H. King Academy, which was built in 1922 to accommodate a growing population. A horse-drawn wagon travels leisurely along St. Clair Avenue, while on Kingston Road, a gas-powered truck is temporarily halted by a symbol of Scarborough’s rural heritage.
This mural was a Scarborough Bicentennial project, initiated by the Cliffcrest Community Association and managed by Mural Routes. Posters and limited edition reproduction prints are available from Mural Routes.
Where to Find This Mural
Location: 2835 Kingston Rd, Scarborough, ON M1M 1N2, Canada | Get Directions