Live Art Festival @Underpass Park, Corktown
CALL FOR ARTISTS LIVE PAINTING ON UNDERPASS PILLARS
Friday, June 19 – Sunday, June 21, 2015
You are invited to apply to join a team of artists for the Live Art Festival on June 19th – June 21st, 2015.
As a celebration of diversity and culture, we are aiming to transform the newly renovated Underpass Park beneath Eastern Avenue with a broad range of artwork. Located adjacent to the Pan / Parapan Am Athletes’ Village in Toronto’s historic Corktown neighbourhood, this park is a pocket of play in an otherwise not-so-inviting part of the city, under an overpass. Athletes’ Village will be the Games-time home for 10,000 athletes, coaches and team officials. With our public art festival we are going to invigorate this park space through the installation of 18 murals on the underpass support columns.
The Festival is being coordinated by Mural Routes in conjunction with Friends of the Pan Am Path, StreetARToronto, City of Toronto Parks Department and Corktown Residents and Business Association (CRBA).
Dates: Friday June 19, 2015 – artists check in, site assignments, priming and prep work
Saturday June 20 & June 21 – painting on 18 pillars of the Underpass Artist fee: $500 + paint
1) 100-200 word statement for your vision of the artwork;
2) Provide 3 examples of past work;
3) Submit completed application form with your statement and samples of work in PDF format by the deadline. Selected artists will be notified in early June.
4) Selected artists to attend a pre-event meeting in June (date TBC);
5) Be available June 19-21, 2015 for the mural production.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MAY 22, 2015 – Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to download application form: