A free visual art learning program for all ages (14+) and abilities to develop and explore creativity and technical skills in relation to designing and creating public wall art & murals in your own neighbourhood. In partnership with Lakeshore Arts & New Toronto Library.
Register today! Spaces are limited.
New Toronto Library, 110 Eleventh Street, Toronto.
9 Saturday workshops 1:30 – 4:30 pm from Sep 21st – Nov 30th
*excluding Oct 12 (Thanksgiving) and Oct 26th (National Mural Symposium)
What is Step x Step?
A series of 9 workshops that connect basic art and design techniques to practical mural making, encouraging community members of all ages and backgrounds to participate in public wall art projects. Workshops include: drawing & painting techniques, colour theory, design challenges, stencil creation & printing, enlarging techniques and an independent final project. Step x Step: Lakeshore will focus on brainstorming & designing for Lakeshore public art under the theme of water.
What is the Basic Program Outline?
1. Sept 21, Introduction: What is Mural Routes and why create Murals?
2. Sept 28, Drawing Techniques: Gesture Drawing & Creating Depth
3. Oct 5, Drawing & Stencil Creation: Contour Drawing, Stencil Design & Production
4. Oct 19, Stencil Production & Printing Cont.
5. Nov 2, Painting Techniques: Colour Theory & Mixing
6. Nov 9, Painting Techniques cont.
7. Nov 16, Composition, Enlarging Techniques & Photoshop for Mural Designs
8. Nov 23, Applying new techniques to Independent work
9. Nov 30, Completing Independent work and Presenting
Spaces are limited! To register, e-mail either:
E-mail us with:
Background in art:
How did you hear about this program?:
Please note that participants are expected to commit to the full duration (all 9 sessions) of the program.
To see info about Mural Routes’ previous or upcoming Step x Step programs, visit: https://www.muralroutes.ca/category/education/stepxstep/
For info on other training opportunities that Mural Routes offers, visit: https://www.muralroutes.ca/category/education/
Mural Routes is dedicated to training and supporting mural artists and communities involved in mural arts through teaching, learning and sharing initiatives in mural art together. We gratefully acknowledge the partnership of Lakeshore Arts with ‘TO THE WALLS: Mural Arts Education Series’ of Summer/Fall 2013 and the ongoing support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation.