Mural Routes will continue our Step x Step model for a free, intergenerational intro to mural arts in 2013 at Toronto Public Library, Flemingdon Park Branch. A total of 9 workshops will run at the Library on Saturdays 10am-1pm from late February to April, 2013. The curriculum will build upon feedback from the 2012 pilot program, with a stronger emphasis on connecting art and design techniques to practical mural making. Using the nearby CN Rail Rainbow Tunnel as a tangible project example, participants will be encouraged to design for and eventually volunteer on the project.
We are looking for a group of 15 -20 dedicated participants, aged 14+. Pre-registration is required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT is Step x Step Flemingdon?
The program & project is a partnership with Mural Routes, Flemingdon Neighbourhood Services & TPL Flemingdon Branch, all part of the partnered commitment:
– A free, intergenerational, intro to mural marking & intro artistic technique skills program.
– 9 sessions (including intro) of curriculum designed by Mural Routes Programmers Rob Matejka and Tara Dorey.
WHEN is it?
Saturdays 10am – 1pm from Feb 23 to April 27, 2013
WHY is this program being provided?
Step x Step: Introduction to Mural Arts program, now in its second year, has an overall mission of providing learning and training opportunities for all ages, while improving communities through mural art.
This particular Step x Step program will work with/towards the painting of the infamous DVP Rainbow tunnel seen on the east side of the DVP between Eglinton & Lawrence.
WHO can participate?
Intergenerational, 15 -20 participants aged 14+, anyone will an interest in visual arts and being a part of public mural arts projects. Participants can attend the first info session to see if it a good fit and then can commit to the program’s full length.
1. Feb. 23, Introduction
2. March 2, Gesture Drawing & Creating Depth
3. Mar 9, Contour Drawing, Stencil Production & Printing
4. March 16, Contour Drawing, Stencil Production & Printing Cont.
5. March 23, Painting Techniques
6. Apr. 6, Painting Techniques cont.
7. Apr . 13, Composition, Enlarging Techniques & (applying above) Mural Painting
8. Apr. 20, Composition, Enlarging Techniques & (applying above) Mural Painting cont.
9. April 27, Independent work and presenting
WHO is partnered?
Aisha Mehboob, Youth Worker
Phone: 416-424-2900 X 30
Flemingdon Neighbourhood Services
10 Gateway Blvd., Suite 104
Tara Dorey, Program Coordinator
1859 Kingston Rd.
Toronto Public Library: Flemingdon Park Branch
29 St. Dennis Drive
Rob Matejka, Education Program Manager
1859 Kingston Rd.
This program is made possible through the support of: