Artist: Jeff Jackson, July 1992
Location: 2340 Kingston Road at Sharpe Street, Scarborough
The Onondaga was built near Kingston in 1790 and served as flagship of the Provincial Marine until her retirement in 1797. This was the ship in which Lieutenant-Governor John Graves Simcoe and his wife Elizabeth sailed across Lake Ontario, from Niagara-on-the-Lake to the town of York, (now Toronto) to establish the capital of Upper Canada (now Ontario).
This mural was painted in 1992 by Jeff Jackson as part of the original Heritage Trail; it was restored in 2017 by Blinc Studios.