Start Date: July 16, 2018
End Date: April 30, 2019
Application Process: Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com before Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 at 5pm
Contact: Tara Dorey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-698-7995
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Assistant will be responsible for the administration of our Mural Art Learning Institute (MURALi) programs. Her or his primary responsibilities will be administration, coordination, and communication.
This position will be part-time (24 hrs/week) with some weekday evenings and Saturday day-times, dependent upon program schedules. Administration work will take place at our office (1859 Kingston Rd, Scarborough), while on-site program work will occur across the city of Toronto at various programming sites.
Administrative duties include program tracking and evaluation, supply management, and workshops and event coordination. Communications duties include supporting social media management, coordinating promotional copy, and working with the Program Director to craft program evaluation and reports.
Logistics: The Program Assistant should be highly organized, reliable and committed to working out all of the behind-the-scenes administrative details for programs. They will be required to work with flexibility and as a team player.
- Assisting the Program Director with work plans and workshop schedules.
- Inventory: Coordinating and preparing materials for programs, including clean up, maintenance, keeping track of stock and storage, and ordering materials as needed.
- Evaluation: Working with the Program Director to collect, store, and analyse feedback, tracking data, writing program reports.
- Volunteer coordination as needed.
- Coordinating occasional events (e.g. networking events, end-of-class-celebrations)
Communication: The Program Assistant should have strong communication and inter-personal skills. They should be able to communicate with clarity and professionalism both in person and in writing.
- Assisting with managing program promotion (through email, social media, website etc.)- including sharing and posting media releases, ensuring that marketing material is sent to appropriate channels
- Team Communication: Maintaining regular communication with staff and Advisory Team.
- Documentation: Preparing program updates and final reports.
- A relevant background and interest in murals, community arts, education, and/or arts management, administration, event and program coordination.
- Relevant previous experience
- Highly organized and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite and other online platforms such as Mailchimp, Google Drive, etc.
Salary Range: $15/hour, 24 hours/week, with 2 weeks of paid vacation per annum.
About Mural Routes:
Mural Routes is the only not-for-profit arts service organization in Canada dedicated to the creation, development and promotion of public wall art. Our vision is to inspire the creation of extraordinary public wall art that serves as a catalyst for community building. Since 2001, education in mural art has become a high priority for Mural Routes, targeted through our continuum of learning and training programs for all levels offered in Toronto. Mural Routes has become the “go to” place for information, advice on mural creation, and training mural artists.