The Process of Monumental Mural Making
with Adrian Hayles
Date: Thursday, May 24th from 6 – 8:30pm
Location: Yonge Space, 389 Yonge St (at Gerrard St E)
Cost: $30, $25 for Mural Routes members
Details: Artist Adrian Hayles has created murals across the city of Toronto, including the monumental Yonge St Music Murals. Adrian will share his process from start to finish, and talk about the future of using technology to engage audiences with murals.
- Sourcing a potential wall for painting
- How to assess the wall space to make sure it can support a mural
- Consultation and conceptualization process
- Ideations and rendering
- Mapping the concept onto the wall
- Painting the mural
- and the Concrete Labs mural app for audience engagement
This workshop has now passed. Thank you for your interest- keep an eye on our website and social media for upcoming workshops!
The Toronto Mural Archive would like to thank our exhibition partners, the Downtown Yonge BIA.
Funding for The Toronto Mural Archive is generously provided by the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.