Mural Routes is excited to announce the next four sessions in our Wall Art Learning Series!
As a thank you to our members, these exclusive sessions will be open to Mural Routes members only, and will be completely free.
WALS (Wall Art Learning Series) consists of professional development workshops as part of Mural Routes’ Mural Art Learning Institute (MURALI). The Wall Art Learning Series features a sequence of talks designed to better equip emerging and mid-career artists working in wall art, deepening their understanding of the field and gaining technical skills for career success. The program requires no commitment to attend multiple sessions; all topics are chosen based on artist needs and knowledge gaps in the field, and artists are free to choose those topics that are most relevant to their practice and current level of knowledge. Additional WALS 2016 workshops will be open to the public – stay tuned to the blog for upcoming announcements in the coming months.
Member exclusives will feature:
- Budgets and Funding for Murals – May 10
- Karin Eaton, Executive & Artistic Director of Mural Routes
- Finding funding, planning pricing, and managing budgets- from materials to artist fees
- Site Analysis for Murals – May 24
- Susan Filshie, former Urban Planner, City of Toronto
- Learn to look at your working space from new perspectives, design for the space, and consider logistics such as permits.
- Community Consultation for Murals – May 31
- Sasha Kovac, Program Director for Scarborough Arts
- An interactive workshop addressing the importance of community consultation for mural art projects and exploring creative techniques for engagement.
- Health and Safety Standards for Murals – June 21
- Michael Brown, Artist and Educator
- An overview of health and safety standards for mural artists – including Working at Heights and equipment.
Spaces are limited and registration is required. Register for member exclusives below or contact Natalie Dewan, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or 416-698-7995.
Note: The Health and Safety Standards session has been changed from June 15th to June 21st
REGISTRATION: WALS Member Exclusives
[contact-form subject=’New WALS Member Exclusive Registration’][contact-field label=’Which session(s) would you like to register for?’ type=’checkbox-multiple’ required=’1′ options=’May 10- Budgets and Funding,May 24- Site Analysis,May 31- Community Consultation,June 21- Health and Safety’/][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number ‘ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Postal Code’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’How did you hear about WALS?’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’I am a Mural Routes member’ type=’checkbox’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]