Acquire the skills necessary to create a mural design using Photoshop and learn how to translate the design into a full-scale, hand-painted mural.
Date: Thursday May 17th 2018, 5:30 – 8:30pm
Instructor: John Nobrega, artist, muralist, and Creative Director at Blinc studios
For more information: 416-698-7995 or email@example.com
Cost: $25 for Mural Routes and UrbanArts members; $30 for non-members
Note: Computers and Photoshop programs will be provided during the workshop. If you would prefer to work on your own laptop with Photoshop, and can bring it to the workshop, please indicate this in your registration.
The workshop will teach:
- Basic skills such as navigation, tools, palettes, and layers from an experienced mural artist
- Transferring a design into an image of the wall and site
- Playing and experimenting with colour in your designs with Photoshop
- Using Photoshop with your design to see how it will look at varying angles and points of perspective
- How to build a digital mural design in consultation with corporate and private clients
- Sourcing and researching imagery from the internet, navigating rules related to copyright and fair use
- Basic digital documentation of painting process and final finished product
About the Instructor: John Nobrega etc has been a muralist and Creative Director with Blinc studios for 13
years. Working with Allan Bender he has helped establish Blinc Studios as one of the premier Mural painting companies in Ontario. Their clients include the Toronto Zoo, Chinatown BIA, Queen St West BIA and Port Union res.Com. As a fine-artist, John has also shown extensively in Canada, with works in many private and public collections including at the Agnes Etherington Museum in Kingston and the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art in Toronto.
This workshop is being held in partnership with Urban Arts.
The Wall Art Learning Series is part of the Mural Art Learning Institute (MURALI), a continuum of training programs in all aspects of mural-making. MURALI is generously supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.