Mural Routes is currently seeking a Mural Artist Assistant for an 8-week Canada Summer Jobs position. Those interested are invited to send their letter of interest, artist CV and portfolio in an e-mail to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday, June 19th.
Position Available: Mural Artist Assistant
This position reports directly to the lead Mural Artist, who will be working on a day-to-day basis to help outline the work plan and a schedule of tasks. The Mural Artist Assistant will assist with the preparation and painting of a large outdoor mural in the East Scarborough community of Port Union, as well as some administrative work promoting and reporting on the project. This position is targeted at a student who has painting and mural painting experience, and is looking to develop their skills. They should be willing to learn alongside a seasoned mural artist on a large project. The Artist Assistant must be able to commute to Port Union (east Scarborough) daily.
Rate of Pay: $11.25 per hour, 35 hours per week for 8 weeks.
Timeline: July 4th to August 26th
About Mural Routes
Mural Routes is the only member-based no-for-profit arts service organization in Canada dedicated to the creation, development, education, and promotion of public wall art. Through a range of programs and services, Mural Routes works to inspire the creation of extraordinary public wall art that serves as a catalyst for community building.
This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must be:
- Between 15 – 30 years of age;
- Registered as a full-time student and intending return to school on a full time basis the next academic year;
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Legally entitled to work.
- Previous mural painting experience.
- Working at Heights / Fall Arrest Training and Certification.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to send the following components to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday, June 16th:
1) an Artist CV highlighting relevant experience
2) a Portfolio of 5-10 images of relevant work: mural projects and/or personal paintings (can be attached in an e-mail, or sent as links if images are online. Please include title of project, year, and your role in the project)
3) Written confirmation that you meet all requirements, and assets (if applicable).