Emerging mural artists and producers are invited to apply for Mural Art Career Development: an intensive, fully-subsidized training program for mural artists and managers.
- A fully-subsidized training program in mural art design and production.
- Dates: April 25th-July 4th, 2017 (Tuesdays 5:30-8:00pm and alternate Saturdays, 10am-5pm)
- Eligibility: Open to emerging artists or project managers over the age of 18; for full requirements please see application package
- Application deadline: Monday, March 27, 9:00am
- Story Arts Centre, Centennial College, 951 Carlaw Ave, Toronto, Room 297
- Mural Routes Office, 1859 Kingston Rd., Scarborough
Mural Art Career Development is a free training program for career development in mural art production and project management. The program offers an opportunity for emerging mural artists and managers to gain experience, make connections, and develop skills
This is an intensive, approximately 60-hour, curriculum course led by professionals in the field. While the focus of this program is mural art, a number of other transferable skills will be learned that can be used in any large-scale creative enterprise. Topics include:
- Painting skills
- Hands on practice with mosaics, panels, and installation
- Project management
- Budgets and funding
- Health and safety
- Community consultation
- Client relations
- and more
Please read our MACD 2017 Application Information package before completing your application. Applications are due no later than 9am on Monday, March 27th
Questions? Contact Kyla Ross, Curriculum Manager at email@example.com or 416-698-7995
Mural Art Career Development is part of the Mural Art Learning Institute (MURALI), a continuum of training programs in all aspects of mural-making. MURALI is generously supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Thank you to Centennial College for their support in co-hosting this program.