Mural Routes is currently seeking a Website & Communications Assistant for an 8-week Canada Summer Jobs position. The Website & Communications Assistant will support the organization’s overall communications and will assist with the updating and upgrading of Mural Routes’ Mural Map of Canada.
Start Date: June 24, 2019
End Date: August 18, 2019
Rate of Pay: $14 per hour, 35 hours per week for 8 weeks.
Application Process: Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume in PDF form to email@example.com by 9am on Monday, May 20th, 2019.
Reporting to the Program Director of Mural Routes, the successful candidate will undertake the following key tasks:
- To assist in communicating with artists and the larger mural community to add and update the information on Mural Routes’ website and the Mural Map of Canada
- To assist in reviewing and verifying data on current website and Mural Map of Canada
- To assist in maintaining Mural Routes’ online image database
- Photographing and documenting previous mural projects created by Mural Routes as well as by other organizations and/or artists
- To assist on our website’s back-end in order to update current information
- Adding mural projects to the Mural Map of Canada
- To assist in supporting outreach efforts to encourage the general public to add murals to the Mural Map of Canada
- To assist with managing program promotion (through email, social media, website etc.) including sharing and posting media releases, ensuring that marketing material is sent to appropriate channels
- To maintain regular communication and check-ins with staff.
This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must be:
- Between 15 – 30 years of age;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
About Mural Routes:
Mural Routes is the only member-based not-for-profit arts service organization in Canada dedicated to the creation, development, education, and promotion of public wall art. Through a range of programs and services, Mural Routes works to inspire the creation of extraordinary public wall art that serves as a catalyst for community building.
Mural Routes is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect in adherence to the City of Toronto’s anti-discrimination policy. As such, we invite qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply. If you require assistance with your application, please contact staff with a minimum 3 days advance notice of the Application deadline, and we will do our best to accommodate and support your application.