Mural Routes is currently seeking a Production Assistant for an 8-week Canada Summer Jobs position. The Production Assistant will support the overall logistics and mural production during the summer months.
Start Date: June 3, 2019
End Date: July 28, 2019
Rate of Pay: $14 per hour, 35 hours per week for 8 weeks.
Application Process: Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday, May 20th, 2019.
Reporting to the Program Director of Mural Routes, the successful candidate will undertake the following key tasks:
- To assist with all aspects of project planning for execution of our mural projects
- To act as liaison with mural project(s) Lead Artists
- To liaise and communicate with partners and representatives from community during all stages of mural project
- To assist with community outreach and promotion of the projects
- To assist with coordinating volunteers or youth artist assistants
- To assist with inventory: coordinating and preparing materials, including clean up, maintenance, keeping track of stock and storage, and ordering materials as needed.
- To assist with project evaluation: working with the Program Director to collect, store, and analyse feedback, tracking data, assisting with writing project reports.
- Coordinating occasional events (e.g. unveilings, festival art activities)
- Note: this job will require the candidate’s availability and flexibility to work some weekday evenings and weekends
This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must be:
- Between 15 – 30 years of age;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
About Mural Routes:
Mural Routes is the only member-based not-for-profit arts service organization in Canada dedicated to the creation, development, education, and promotion of public wall art. Through a range of programs and services, Mural Routes works to inspire the creation of extraordinary public wall art that serves as a catalyst for community building.
Mural Routes is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect in adherence to the City of Toronto’s anti-discrimination policy. As such, we invite qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply. If you require assistance with your application, please contact staff with a minimum 3 days advance notice of the Application deadline, and we will do our best to accommodate and support your application.