Mural Routes is currently seeking a Production Assistant for an eight-week Canada Summer Jobs position. The Production Assistant will support the overall logistics and mural production during the summer months.
Start Date: July 5, 2021
End Date: August 27, 2021
Rate of Pay: $14.25 per hour, 35 hours per week for eight (8) weeks.
Application Process: Email a resume and cover letter in one PDF file to email@example.com before Monday, June 7th, 2021 at 10am. Please include “Production Assistant” in the subject line.
Reporting to the Program Manager and Managing Director of Mural Routes, the successful candidate will undertake the following key tasks:
- To assist with all aspects of project planning for execution of our mural projects
- To act as liaison with mural project(s) Lead Artists
- To liaise and communicate with partners and representatives from community during all stages of mural projects
- To assist with community outreach and promotion of the projects
- To assist with coordinating volunteers and/or youth artist assistants
- To assist with inventory: coordinating and preparing materials, including clean up, maintenance, keeping track of stock and storage, and ordering materials as needed
- To assist with project evaluation: working with the Program Manager to collect, store, and analyse feedback, tracking data, assisting with writing project reports
- Note: this job will require the candidate’s availability and flexibility to work some weekday evenings and weekends
This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must be:
- Between 15 – 30 years of age;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
About Mural Routes:
Mural Routes activates communities by facilitating the creation of responsive, collaborative murals, and provides opportunities to build and advance careers in mural art. Our vision is to be a leading resource for all artists, organizations and communities creating mural art.
Mural Routes is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible and invisible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies.
Reasonable accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support applicants’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.