Start Date: January 8, 2020
Contract Length: January 8, 2020 to April 30, 2021, with possibility of extension.
Application Process: Email a resume and cover letter in one PDF file to email@example.com before Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 5pm. Please include “Program Manager” in the subject line.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for the administration and coordination of our various programs and projects including the Mural Art Learning Institute (MURALi) programs, including Introduction to Mural Art, Mural Art Career Development and the Wall Art Learning Series. The successful candidate will also manage the planning, consultation, and implementation of any Mural Projects undertaken by the organization. Additional responsibilities include administration, organization, communication within the organization and involved stakeholders and partners, and supporting the Managing Director as needed.
Administrative duties include program tracking and evaluation, supply management, and event coordination. Communications duties include managing social media, writing promotional copy, and producing program and project evaluation and reports. The Program Manager will be part of the Mural Routes team in supporting the organization in its delivery of overall programs and projects, goals, and mandate.
This position will be full-time (37.5 hrs/week) with some weekday evenings and weekend day-times, dependent upon program schedules. Administration work will take place at our office (1859 Kingston Rd, Scarborough), while on-site program work will occur across the city of Toronto and GTA at various programming sites.
Logistics: The Program Manager should be highly organized, reliable, and committed to working out all of the behind-the-scenes administrative details for programs and projects. Their duties require adaptability and a team based approach in order to carry out the following tasks:
- Ensuring programs/projects are planned and delivered on schedule.
- Creating work plans and workshop schedules.
- Inventory: coordinating, preparing and transporting materials for programs/projects, including clean up, maintenance, keeping track of stock and storage, and ordering materials as needed.
- Evaluation: managing and designing evaluation plans, collecting, storing, and analysing feedback, tracking data, writing program reports
- Managing co-op and summer students when required.
- Volunteer coordination as needed.
- Coordinating occasional events (e.g. networking events, end-of-class-celebrations)
- Assisting with program budgets
Communication: The Program Manager should have strong communication and inter-personal skills. They should be able to communicate with clarity and professionalism both in person and in writing and be proficient in:
- Managing program promotion (through email, social media, website etc.)- including writing and posting media releases, ensuring that marketing material is sent to appropriate channels, and updating the website
- Delivering presentations to schools, colleges and other organizations regarding programs/projects and their goals.
- Team Communication: Maintaining regular communication with staff and Advisory Team.
- External Communication: supporting artists, other mural producers, and communicating with sponsors and partners
- Documentation: Preparing program updates and final reports.
- Supporting revenue generation by assisting with occasional grant writing and project sponsorship and fundraising when required.
- Supporting Mural Routes programs, projects and services as needed (e.g. logistical and communications assistance with mural projects, board meetings, etc.)
- A relevant background and experience in producing murals and community arts and/or education in arts management, administration, event and program coordination.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with social media management
- A vehicle and/or valid driver’s license
- Comfort with WordPress
Salary Range: $35,000- 39,000
About Mural Routes:
Mural Routes is the only not-for-profit arts service organization in Canada dedicated to the creation, development and promotion of public wall art. Our vision is to inspire the creation of extraordinary public wall art that serves as a catalyst for community building. Since 2001, education in mural art has become a high priority for Mural Routes, targeted through our continuum of learning and training programs for all levels offered in Toronto. Mural Routes has become the “go to” place for information, advice on mural creation, and training mural artists.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mural Routes is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible and invisible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies.
Reasonable accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support applicants’ participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.