Start Date: September 17, 2018
End Date: January 31, 2019
Mural Routes is seeking a Development Officer to lead fundraising initiatives for our Mural Art Learning Institute (MURALi) educational programs and other key Mural Routes activities, with a focus on establishing and growing relationships with foundations and corporate sponsors across Toronto and the GTA. This position will be part-time (15 hrs/week) and administration work will take place at Mural Routes’ office (1859 Kingston Rd, Scarborough).
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Development Officer will identify, plan and implement revenue generation strategies that align with the objectives and targets established by the Fundraising Committee. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build and steward philanthropic relations with individuals, foundations and corporations in the communities served by Mural Routes, to contribute to achievement of fundraising targets;
- Identify and execute prospect strategies for solicitation of donors;
- Develop foundation proposals, sponsorship packages and other solicitation documents, as required, including fees-for-service packages, case statements, call plans, and briefing notes to secure contributions;
- Provide regular briefings on assigned areas of campaigns and other fundraising projects;
- Develop and manage a prospect pool based on fundraising priorities and projects;
- Communicate regularly with Managing Director and other staff members to coordinate the management of prospects and to ensure the prospect pipeline is utilized for fundraising success;
- Ensure that all donors and sponsors are appropriately and effectively thanked and receive regular communication, making donor stewardship a consistently high strategic priority.
- 5 years experience in prospect identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation strategies;
- Demonstrated ability in building philanthropic relations and closing gifts with individuals, foundations and corporations in Toronto and the GTA;
- Experience in proposal writing and drafting gift agreements;
- An interest in murals, community arts, and education;
- Professional communication skills (visual, verbal, public speaking and written).
Salary Range: $60/hour – 15 hours per week
About Mural Routes:
Mural Routes is the only not-for-profit arts service organization in Canada dedicated to the creation, development and promotion of public wall art. Our vision is to inspire the creation of extraordinary public wall art that serves as a catalyst for community building. Since 2001, education in mural art has become a high priority for Mural Routes, targeted through our continuum of learning and training programs for all levels offered in Toronto. Mural Routes has become the “go to” place for information, advice on mural creation, and training mural artists.
Application Process: Please kindly submit your resume/ CV with a detailed cover letter to email@example.com by Monday September 10, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. with Development Officer Application in the subject line. Only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Mural Routes is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require any accommodations during the hiring or interview process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.