Job Opportunity: Mural Routes Program Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Application Process: Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, September 21st, 2017 at 5pm
Contact: Karin Eaton, email@example.com or 416-698-7995
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for the administration and coordination of our Mural Art Learning Institute (MURALi) programs. Her or his primary responsibilities will be administration, organization, and communication.
This position will be full-time (37.5 hrs/week) with some weekday evenings and Saturday day-times, dependent upon program schedules. Administration work will take place at our office (1859 Kingston Rd, Scarborough), while on-site program work will occur across the city of Toronto at various programming sites.
The Program Manager will work closely with the Curriculum Manager and lead instructor in the planning, execution, and promotion of MURALi programs. Administrative duties include program tracking and evaluation, supply management, and event coordination. Communications duties include managing social media, writing promotional copy, occasional grant-writing, and working with the Curriculum Manager to craft program evaluation and reports. The Program Manager will be part of the Mural Routes team in supporting the organization in its overall programs, goals and mandate.
Logistics: The Program Manager should be highly organized, reliable and committed to working out all of the behind-the-scenes administrative details for programs. They will be required to work with flexibility and as a team player.
- Ensuring programs are planned and delivered on schedule.
- Assisting the Curriculum Manager with work plans and workshop schedules.
- Inventory: Coordinating, preparing and transporting materials for programs, including clean up, maintenance, keeping track of stock and storage, and ordering materials as needed.
- Evaluation: Working with the Curriculum Manager to manage and design evaluation plans, collecting, storing, and analysing feedback, tracking data, writing program reports
- Managing co-op and summer students when required.
- Volunteer coordination as needed.
- Coordinating occasional events (e.g. networking events, end-of-class-celebrations)
Communication: The Program Manager should have strong communication and inter-personal skills. They should be able to communicate with clarity and professionalism both in person and in writing.
- Managing program promotion (through email, social media, website etc.)- including writing and posting media releases, ensuring that marketing material is sent to appropriate channels, and updating the website
- Presentations to schools, colleges and other organizations regarding the program and its goals.
- Team Communication: Maintaining regular communication with staff and Advisory Team.
- Documentation: Preparing program updates and final reports.
- Assist with program budgets and reports
- Revenue generation: Assist with grant writing and project sponsorship and fundraising when required.
- Supporting Mural Routes programs services as needed (e.g. logistical and communications assistance with mural projects, board meetings, etc.)
- A relevant background and interest in murals, community arts, education, and/or arts management, administration, event and program coordination.
- Relevant previous experience
- Highly organized and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with social media management
- Comfort with WordPress
- A vehicle and/or valid driver’s license
Salary Range: $35,000- 39,000
About Mural Routes:
Mural Routes is the only not-for-profit arts service organization in Canada dedicated to the creation, development and promotion of public wall art. Our vision is to inspire the creation of extraordinary public wall art that serves as a catalyst for community building. Since 2001, education in mural art has become a high priority for Mural Routes, targeted through our continuum of learning and training programs for all levels offered in Toronto. Mural Routes has become the “go to” place for information, advice on mural creation, and training mural artists.