In September 2022, Mural Routes will be appointing new Board Members. We are looking for individuals who believe in our vision and goals, and are committed to taking an active role in supporting the organization as it looks toward the future.
The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, establishes policy, and oversees the operations and financial performance of Mural Routes. Mural Routes is positioned with the potential for strategic growth due to the rapidly increasing demand for murals and street art training, management and advocacy. We are looking for your expertise in helping the organization to not only continue to serve as a much-needed hub and resource for those interested in mural art, but also to rise to the occasion as a leader and advocate in the rapidly-growing field.
We are looking for Board Members to support our mission and development by:
- Sharing contacts to help us create strategic partnerships and relationships in associate fields of public art, contemporary art, arts education and urban development.
- Sharing expertise or experience in the scaling up of staff and capacity.
- Contributing with expertise, ideas, and contacts in business, fundraising and financial sustainability for not-for-profits or arts institutions.
- Doing visioning and long-term planning beyond 2023.
We are particularly interested in candidates with experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Administration
- Artists and Arts Administrators
Board Member Commitment details:
- Board meetings will take place 6-7 times a year, virtually, on a weekday evening for 1.5 hours approximately (in past this has been Tuesdays 8:00-9:30 pm).
- Board members serve for a minimum of two (2) years and are eligible for re-election at the annual general meeting
- Support the Managing Director in implementing board decisions
- Board members will act as Ambassadors for Mural Routes
Please submit a brief statement of interest through the form below (max. 300 words) and an updated CV. Let us know why you are interested in the position of Mural Routes Board Member and how you might support the organization in the areas we have outlined.
Previous board experience is not required. All new board members participate in an orientation as well as financial training. Applications will be reviewed by the Board and interviews will be scheduled on an ongoing basis.
*If selected, board members will need to abide by organizational policies in place.
Mural Routes Board Member Statement of Interest
"*" indicates required fields